Avocado Arugula Omelets
Omelets filled with shallot, garlic, and arugula, topped with avocado slices and chives with fresh parsley.
This recipe for avocado arugula omelets is a fresh and flavorful breakfast option. The eggs are light and fluffy with a creamy texture from the heavy cream, while the filling of sautéed shallots, garlic, and arugula adds a slightly bitter and nutty taste. Topped with sliced avocado, fresh chives, parsley, and a squeeze of lemon juice, each bite bursts with bright and zesty flavors that complement the earthiness of the arugula. The dash of table salt helps balance out the flavors and ties everything together for a delicious and healthy breakfast meal.
- 6 free range eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- 1 finely diced shallot
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 1 sliced avocado
- Fresh chopped chives
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Dashes of table salt to taste
- Heat saucepan to medium and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- First add shallots and garlic a few minutes until fragrant and becomes tender.
- Add the arugula and lower heat and stir down until arugula begins to wilt.
- Remove from heat and set aside while cooking the eggs.
- Crack three eggs for each omelet in separate bowls and add salt, pepper, and whipping cream. Beat briefly with a large fork without mixing too smooth.
- Heat medium sized skillet to med-low heat with a light coating of olive oil.
- Add egg mixture when heated and use a rubber spatula to turn in a figure 8 and then let cook covered until eggs are no longer runny on top.
- Add heated filling mixture on one half.
- Plate omelet by turning skillet at 45 degree angle with filling mixture side toward plate, then flip the other side over the top with the skillet.
- Top the finished omelet with sliced avocados and chopped parsley and chives.
Simmer the shallot, garlic, and arugula filling.
Filling mixture divided and ready to add to omelets.
Omelet ready for toppings.