Bacon & Egg Noodle Carbonara
Diced bacon and fried eggs with chopped garlic tossed with extra wide egg noodles and shredded parmesan cheese.
This is a delicious and hearty dish with a savory and comforting flavor. The wide egg noodles are cooked until al dente and then combined with crispy bacon, sautéed garlic, and scrambled eggs, which create a rich and creamy sauce that coats the pasta perfectly. The dish is then finished with a generous amount of shredded parmesan cheese, which adds a nutty and salty flavor that complements the richness of the bacon and eggs. The result is a satisfying and flavorful pasta dish that is perfect for any meal of the day.
- 8 ounces dry extra-wide egg noodles
- 10 ounces of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, plus extra for serving
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Start by boiling a pot of salted water for the pasta.
- Dice the bacon into chunks.
- Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Add the dry egg noodles to the boiling water and cook for 8-9 minutes, or until al dente. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
Prepare Bacon and Garlic:
- Place the diced bacon in a cold sauté pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the bacon, draining the grease occasionally, until it’s cooked but not quite crispy.
- Add the chopped garlic to the pan with the bacon and stir together.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Push the bacon to the edges of the pan, creating space in the center. Crack the 4 eggs into this space.
- Once the eggs are lightly cooked, add the hot, drained pasta to the pan. The heat from the pasta will continue to cook the eggs.
- Add salt, pepper, and olive oil to the pan. Stir everything together, gently breaking apart the eggs as you do so.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan over the mixture and stir again.
- Transfer the carbonara to serving dishes.
- Top each serving with additional freshly shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of green salad or garlic bread for a complete meal.
- Pair this creamy carbonara with a glass of your favorite white wine or a cold beer for an enjoyable dining experience.
Gather the ingredients and weigh 8 ounces dry pasta. Begin boiling a pot of salted water to cook the pasta.
Dice the bacon into chunks and add to a cold sauté pan and heat to med-high.
Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
Boil the pasta about 8-9 minutes while cooking the bacon. Drain the grease a couple times.
Once the bacon is cooked but not quite crisp, add the chopped garlic and stir in.
Reduce heat to med-low, push the bacon to the edges and crack 4 eggs in the center.
Drain the cooked pasta and once the eggs are lightly cooked add the hot pasta which will continue to cook the eggs.
Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil and stir together, breaking apart the eggs.
Shred about a 1/4 of parmesan over the top and stir in.