Cajun Crab Cakes with Garlic Aioli and Honey Mustard Salad
Cajun seasoned crab cakes with garlic aioli and a honey mustard salad for a bold and flavorful taste to satisfy your seafood cravings.
These Cajun crab cakes with garlic aioli and honey mustard salad have a bold and flavorful taste that will satisfy your seafood cravings. The crab cakes are made with lump crab meat, egg, mayonnaise, and Cajun seasoning mix, giving them a spicy kick. The panko bread crumbs add a crispy texture, while the smoked paprika gives them a smoky flavor. The garlic aioli is the perfect complement to the crab cakes, with a creamy texture and a tangy flavor from the lemon juice. The honey mustard salad dressing is a refreshing contrast, with a sweet and tangy taste that perfectly pairs with the fresh greens, broccoli, and sunflower seeds.
- (2) 4.25 ounce cans of lump crabmeat
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice mix
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic stir in paste (or 1 minced clove)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spring Mix Blend
- Butter Lettuce
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- Sunflower seeds
- Prepare the garlic aioli to mix and chill in the fridge.
- Prepare the honey mustard dressing to mix and chill in the fridge.
- Whisk together the egg, mayo, and Cajun seasoning.
- Add the lump crab and stir together.
- Add the panko bread crumbs and stir together.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Sprinkle both sides of patties with smoked paprika and Cajun seasoning.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the four crab cakes and cook for 4 minutes.
- Flip the crab cakes and cook another 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Dollop the garlic aioli on top of the crab cakes.
- Toss the salad dressing with the salad greens and top with sunflower seeds.
Prepare 2 cans of lump crab meat and Cajun seasoning.
Add the garlic aioli ingredients to a mixing bowl.
Stir the garlic aioli thoroughly and chill in the fridge.
Add the honey mustard ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Stir the honey mustard dressing thoroughly and chill in the fridge.
Add the egg, mayo, and Cajun seasoning to a bowl for the crab cakes.
Stir together thoroughly.
Add the lump crab meat.
Form into 4 patties and sprinkle with smoked paprika and Cajun seasoning.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the four crab cakes and cook for 4 minutes.
Flip the crab cakes and cook another 4 minutes.
Toss the salad dressing with the salad mix.
Dollop the crab cakes with the garlic aioli.