Chicken Alfredo Broccoli Penne Pasta
Seasoned sautéed chicken breast with fresh made alfredo sauce and steamed broccoli over penne pasta.
This recipe for chicken alfredo broccoli pasta is a creamy and flavorful dish that’s sure to please. The chicken is seasoned with Cajun spices, smoked paprika, garlic and onion powder, and cayenne pepper, and is cooked with fresh broccoli until tender. The alfredo sauce is rich and velvety, made with heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic, Italian seasoning, and grated parmesan cheese. The penne pasta is cooked to perfection and is combined with the chicken and broccoli, then tossed with the alfredo sauce. The dish is garnished with fresh Italian parsley for a pop of color and extra flavor.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese (not low fat)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and parmesan.
- In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
- Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil with 2 teaspoons of salt
- Add pasta to boiling water until al dente in about 9-10 minutes
- Slice chicken breasts into about 2 inch chunks.
- Mix seasoning blend together in a prep dish and then stir to coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil to saucepan on medium heat and add chicken to brown about 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and stir to cook until chicken is no longer pink and internal temp reaches 165 with a quick probe thermometer and broccoli is cooked.
- Layer the pasta, then the alfredo sauce, then chicken, then fresh parsley.
- Serve with a side salad and/or bread if desired.
Add the butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese to saucepan.
Mix together the seasoning blend.
Prepare the fresh shredded parmesan cheese.
Heat the cream blend over medium heat until melted.
Add the seasonings and whisk until smooth. Then add the grated parmesan cheese. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
Boil the pasta about 9-10 minutes.
Add seasoning blend to chicken.
Toss the seasoning with the chicken until thoroughly coated.
Add the chicken to heated saucepan.
Cook the chicken a few minutes until browned.
Mix in the broccoli to steam and cook with the chicken, adding a few tablespoons of water to create more steam and cover with a lid the last few minutes.