Dark Chocolate Smokehouse Almond Rocks
Decadent dark chocolate almond rocks sprinkled with sea salt, combining melted chocolate and roasted almonds in bite-sized clusters.
This recipe for Dark Chocolate Smokehouse Almond Rocks is a delightful treat, combining the deep, intense flavor of high-quality Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate morsels with the crunchy, smoky notes of Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds, all accented by a touch of sea salt. The preparation is straightforward, involving the melting of chocolate either in the microwave, with careful short bursts to prevent burning, or using a double boiler for a smooth, even melt. Roasted almonds are then mixed into the melted chocolate, ensuring each one is thoroughly coated. The mixture is spooned onto a parchment-lined tray or into a mini muffin pan to create individual almond rocks, the size of which can be customized to preference. A light sprinkle of sea salt is added before the almond rocks set, elevating the flavors with a refined twist. They can be cooled at room temperature or in the refrigerator for quicker setting. The recipe also offers versatility, allowing for the addition of dried fruits or various nuts to cater to different palates. Once set, these Salted Chocolate Almond Rocks are ready to be enjoyed immediately or stored in an airtight container for later indulgence.
- 10 ounces Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate morsels
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Smokehouse almonds
- Sea salt for topping sprinkle
Melt the Chocolate:
- You can use a microwave or a double boiler method for melting.
- If using a microwave, melt it in bursts of 20 seconds, stirring in between to avoid burning the chocolate, for a total of 60 seconds.
- If using a double boiler, place the chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until melted.
Combine Chocolate and Almonds:
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the roasted almonds.
- Stir well until all the almonds are coated with chocolate.
Shape the Almond Rocks:
- Using a spoon, drop clusters of the chocolate-coated almonds onto a tray lined with parchment paper. You can make them as big or as small as you like. A mini muffin pan also works great to mold the rocks.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the almond rocks before they set.
- Allow the almond rocks to cool at room temperature or place them in the refrigerator to set faster.
- You can also add in dried fruits or mix in different types of nuts with the almonds.
Serve or Store:
- Once set, you can serve them immediately or store them in an airtight container in a cool place.
Gather the chocolate, almonds, and sea salt.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler.
Once the chocolate is melted, add the roasted almonds.
Stir well until all the almonds are coated with chocolate.