Chicken Parmesan Pasta
Breaded Italian seasoned chicken breasts sautéed and baked with marinara sauce with parmesan and mozzarella, served over spaghetti.
This recipe for chicken parmesan pasta is a delicious and comforting Italian-inspired dish that is sure to please. The chicken breasts are tenderized and coated in a mixture of bread crumbs and panko before being pan-fried and baked with marinara sauce and two types of cheese. The result is a crispy and flavorful chicken with a cheesy and savory sauce that pairs perfectly with al dente spaghetti. The combination of herbs and spices, such as Italian seasoning, black pepper, and kosher salt, add depth to the dish, while the grated parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese provide a rich and creamy finish. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in or a family dinner.
- Kosher salt, black pepper, dried Italian seasoning blend (for seasoning)
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dried plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 ounces dried spaghetti
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Prepare Chicken:
- Place chicken breasts in a sealed bag and pound gently to tenderize.
- Season both sides of the breasts with kosher salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning blend.
- Prepare Breading:
- In one dish, beat an egg with a tablespoon of water.
- Mix plain and panko bread crumbs in a separate dish.
- Bread Chicken:
- Dip each chicken breast into the beaten egg, then dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat this process to double coat each breast, using up the egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Sauté Chicken:
- Heat cooking oil over medium heat in a sauté pan, then add butter until melted.
- Cook breaded chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy.
- Assemble in Baking Dish:
- Pour half of the marinara sauce into a 7×10 inch baking dish.
- Place the sautéed chicken breasts on top, then cover with the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan, followed by shredded mozzarella over the chicken. Finish with a sprinkle of dried Italian seasoning.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the assembled dish for 30 minutes, then allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook Spaghetti:
- While the chicken is baking, cook the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain.
- Serve the baked chicken and sauce over the cooked and drained spaghetti.
Pound the chicken breasts in a sealed bag to help tenderize the meat.
Season both sides of the breasts with kosher salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning blend. Beat 1 egg with a tablespoon of water in one dish, and 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs and 1/2 cup panko crumbs in a separate dish.
Dip each breast into the beaten egg, then dredge in the bread crumb mix. Repeat dipping and dredging again to double coat and use all of the egg and crumbs.
Heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil at medium heat in a sauté pan and then add the 2 tablespoons butter until melted.
Add the breaded chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 5 minutes per side.
Pour half of the marinara sauce in a 7 x 10 size baking dish.
Place the chicken breasts on top of the marinara and pour the remaining sauce over the chicken.
Sprinkle fresh grated parmesan cheese over top.
Sprinkle the fresh shredded mozzarella cheese over top.
Sprinkle dried Italian seasoning blend over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil a saucepan of salted water to cook the spaghetti until al dente.