Cilantro Lime Rice
A garlic and herb white rice with fresh cilantro and lime for a bright herbaceous rice side or base.
This recipe for cilantro lime rice is packed with flavor and is the perfect side dish for any Mexican or Latin-inspired meal. The fresh cilantro, tangy lime juice, and fragrant garlic and shallot create a delicious combination of flavors. The rice itself is perfectly cooked and seasoned with just the right amount of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for a subtle kick. The Italian seasoning adds a unique touch that complements the other flavors perfectly. This rice is sure to impress your guests and will quickly become a favorite in your household.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 diced shallot
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Add 1 cup white rice and 2 cups water to saucepan with 1 tbsp butter and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Heat rice to a light boil. Cover and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep ingredients to mix in rice.
- Once rice is cooked, stir and rest a few minutes and the mix in the herbs and fresh lime.
Gather and prepare the ingredients.
Chop the ingredients and add to a mixing bowl.
Stir together and set aside while the rice is cooking.
Remove rice from heat after 15 minutes.
Add the fresh herbs and seasoning.