Garlic Butter Cod with Thyme Seasoned Rice
Cod filets sautéed in butter and fresh garlic, served alongside white rice seasoned with garlic powder, dried thyme, and butter.
This recipe for cod fish with rice is savory and flavorful. The cod fillets are seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic, and cooked in butter for a rich and delicious flavor. The rice is seasoned with butter, garlic powder, and dried thyme, adding a savory and slightly herbaceous taste to the dish. Together, the fish and rice create a tasty and satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
For the Fish:
- 2 cod filets, thawed
- Kosher salt and black pepper (to season)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
For the Rice:
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Prepare the Rice:
- Cook Rice:
- Bring 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Rinse the rice under cold water using a fine-mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- Add the rinsed rice to the boiling water, reduce the heat to low, and cover.
- Cook for approximately 18 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Season Rice:
- Fluff the cooked rice with a fork.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic powder, and dried thyme to the rice.
- Stir until the butter is melted and the seasonings are well distributed.
Prepare the Cod:
- Prep Cod:
- Pat the cod fillets dry with paper towels and season both sides with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Have minced garlic ready.
- Cook Cod:
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Place the seasoned cod fillets in the skillet, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the garlic butter cod hot over the seasoned rice.
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil and stir in the salt.
Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
Add the rice to the boiling water and stir.
Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan. Cook for 18 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
Fluff the rice with a fork, then add the butter, garlic powder, and dried thyme. Stir until the butter is melted and the seasonings are well combined.
Pat the cod fillets dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and set aside.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat, then add cloves of minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.