Hot Curried Pork Stir Fry with Soba Noodles
Hot curry garlic ginger pork stir fry with broccoli, snap peas, red onion, carrot, and soba noodles.
This hot curried pork stir fry with soba noodles is a deliciously bold and flavorful dish. The tender pork is seasoned with a mixture of Kosher salt and Szechuan pepper, then stir-fried until browned and set aside. The stir fry vegetables, including snap peas, broccoli, red onion, and shredded carrots, are then cooked until tender and mixed with the flavorful sauce made of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic paste, ginger paste, and hot curry paste. The cooked soba noodles are then added to the mix and everything is combined to create a satisfying and spicy dish. Top it off with a garnish of sliced scallions for a touch of freshness.
For the Pork:
- 2 boneless pork chops, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan pepper (or substitute with black pepper)
For the Vegetables and Noodles:
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced (for garnish)
- 1 package of soba noodles
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (or 1 clove minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (or 1 teaspoon minced ginger root)
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste
Prepare the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and curry paste. Set aside.
Prep Pork and Vegetables:
- Season the pork slices with salt and Szechuan (or black) pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine snap peas, broccoli florets, sliced red onion, and shredded carrot.
- Prepare the soba noodles according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
Cooking the Pork:
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of a high heat cooking oil (e.g., avocado oil) over high heat.
- Once hot, add the seasoned pork slices. Stir fry until the pork is browned and cooked through. Transfer the pork to a bowl and set aside.
Cooking the Vegetables:
- In the same wok or skillet, add the mixed vegetables. Stir fry for a few minutes until they start to become tender.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the vegetables and stir well to coat.
- Return the cooked pork to the wok and add the prepared soba noodles.
- Continue to stir fry for a few minutes until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Dish out the stir fry onto plates or bowls, and garnish with sliced scallions. Serve hot.
- Szechuan pepper offers a unique numbing sensation, enhancing the overall taste. If available, it’s worth using in this recipe.
Prepare the stir fry sauce by mixing the soy sauce with brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and curry paste.
Slice the pork chops into thin bite sized pieces and season with salt and Szechuan pepper (preferred) or black pepper.
Slice about 1/4 of a red onion and shred one carrot and toss with the snap peas and broccoli to set aside until ready.
Slice the scallions to garnish when finished cooking.
Prepare the soba noodles until ready. If precooked simply set aside.
Heat a wok or large skillet to high heat with about 2 tablespoons of high heat cooking oil like avocado oil. Add the pork to the hot wok and stir a few minutes until browned.
Remove the pork and set aside in a small bowl.
Add the vegetable mix to stir and cook a few minutes until they become tender.
Pour in the sauce and stir together a few minutes more.
Add the soba noodles.
Stir together a few minutes more.