Pork and Fried Egg Salad with Yogurt Avocado Lime Basil Dressing
Grilled pork chops with fried egg, greens, and avocado lime basil dressing topped with fresh chives for a delicious entrée salad.
This entrée salad is a flavorful and nutritious dish that combines a variety of textures and tastes. The pork is seasoned with a mix of herbs and spices, which give it a smoky and savory flavor that pairs well with the creamy and tangy dressing made with Greek yogurt, avocado, lime, garlic, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. The fried egg adds richness to the salad and the mixed greens and sliced cucumbers provide a fresh and crunchy element. Topped with fresh chives, this salad is both delicious and satisfying, making it a perfect meal for lunch or dinner.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon coarse Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Mixed salad greens and spinach
- Sliced cucumbers
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 juiced lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Combine seasoning and rub the pork.
- Prepare dressing by scooping the avocado and other ingredients in a food processor to puree until smooth.
- Slice 1/2 a cucumber and toss in a large bowl with salad greens.
- Use half the dressing mixture to toss with the greens. Leave the rest to dollop on the pork and eggs.
- Chop a handful of fresh chives to top the salad with.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook pork until internal temp reaches 145-150 degrees.
- Let pork rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Fry the 2 eggs while the pork is resting.
- Divide the tossed salad greens over 2 plates.
- Slice the pork into thin cuts.
- Place one fried egg in the center of each plate on top of the salad greens.
- Arrange each sliced pork chop around the edges of the egg.
- Dollop remaining half of the dressing on the pork and egg.
- Sprinkle each plate with fresh chopped green onions.
Prepare the seasonings to rub the pork.
Mix together the seasoning blend.
Rub the pork chops with the seasoning blend.
Puree together the dressing ingredients in a food processor.
Toss together the salad greens and sliced cucumber and toss in half of the dressing mixture to coat the greens.
Remove the grilled pork from the grill or oven when internal temp reaches at least 145.