Smoked Honey Butter Pulled Pork
Smoked pork shoulder with a honey rib rub with honey and butter for a sweet and savory moth-watering pulled pork.
This recipe for smoked honey butter pulled pork is a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors. The pork is seasoned with mustard, salt, pepper, and honey rib rub and then slow-cooked to perfection on the grill. The honey and butter mixture is then added to the pork to enhance its natural flavors and give it a sweet and slightly tangy taste. The result is tender, juicy, and flavorful pulled pork that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. The honey and butter complement the pork beautifully, and the smoky flavor adds depth and richness to the dish. This recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves delicious, mouth-watering pulled pork.
- 1 pork shoulder butt (3-4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoon honey rib rub
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to 250. Trim pork shoulder as desired.
- Rub first with yellow mustard and then with salt, pepper, and honey rib rub.
- Place on grill and cook to internal temp of 160 degrees or about 4 hours.
- Place on large aluminum foil and drizzle honey over the pork and then pat with butter.
- Wrap tightly and place back on grill until temp reaches 205 degrees.
- Rest pork covered in foil 1 hour before pulling.
Rub pork with yellow mustard then kosher salt and pepper.
Add honey rib rub and prepare the grill at 250 degrees.
Smoke for about 4 hours until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
160 degrees and ready to move to foil.
Drizzle honey all over pork and pat with butter.
Wrap in double foil and smoke for about 2 more hours until reaches 205 degrees.
Rested 1 hour wrapped in foil after removing from grill.