Honey Lime Sriracha Sauce
Sriracha chili sauce mixed with minced garlic and ginger with brown sugar, honey, and fresh lime.
This recipe for honey lime sriracha sauce is a perfect blend of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors. The combination of honey and brown sugar provides a subtle sweetness, while the lime juice adds a tangy twist to the sauce. The Sriracha sauce gives it a delicious kick, and the minced ginger and garlic provide an additional layer of flavor. The sauce is versatile and can be used as a marinade, dipping sauce, or glaze for a variety of dishes, from chicken and pork to vegetables and seafood.
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Juice of ½ lime
- Ensure the garlic and ginger are finely minced and all other ingredients are measured out and ready.
Starting the Sauce:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Stir in the minced ginger, garlic, and brown sugar, letting them sauté briefly until fragrant.
- Add the honey, Sriracha sauce, and freshly squeezed lime juice to the saucepan.
- Gently simmer the mixture, stirring continuously, until all ingredients are well combined and the sauce has slightly thickened.
Tip: Adjust the quantity of Sriracha according to your preferred heat level. This sauce is versatile, so you can experiment with other ingredients like soy sauce or toasted sesame oil for additional depth of flavor.