Almond Flour Biscuits
Simple and quick biscuit with almond flour and egg for a low-carb versatile and tasty addition to any meal.
These almond flour biscuits have a delicious nutty flavor and a fluffy texture that pairs well with any meal. They are easy to make and perfect for those following a gluten-free or low-carb diet. The pinch of kosher salt in the butter mixture adds a savory note to the biscuits, while the addition of oregano makes them a perfect sandwich bun. For a sweet treat, add blueberries or other fruit to the batter and serve as a dessert. These biscuits are a versatile and tasty addition to any meal.
Makes 2 biscuits
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- A pinch of coarse kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional: Oregano (for a sandwich bun variation)
- Optional: Blueberries or other fruit (for a dessert variation)
- Lightly grease two 4-inch ramekins.
- In each ramekin, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the microwave. Add a pinch of kosher salt and mix.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin and whisk it with the butter mixture.
- To each ramekin, add 1/3 cup of almond flour and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. Whisk until smooth.
- For sandwich buns, mix in some oregano. For a dessert biscuit, fold in blueberries or your choice of fruit.
- Microwave each ramekin on high for 90 seconds.
- Using a towel, carefully remove the ramekins from the microwave. Run a knife around the edges of each biscuit and invert onto a cutting board. Allow to cool for a minute.
- Slice each biscuit in half. If desired, toast, grill, or pan-sear for a bun-like texture. Alternatively, serve as-is for a softer, dessert-like texture.
Prepare almond flour, melted butter, egg, salt, and baking powder.
Whisk a large egg in the butter and salt mixture.
Add the almond flour.
Whisk in the almond flour until smooth.
Whisk in the baking powder until smooth.
Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
Cut around the edges with a knife for a smooth exit from the ramekin.