Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and chewy cookies with a mix of dark and semi-sweet and butterscotch chocolate chips.
This recipe for chocolate chip cookies is delicious and indulgent. The combination of white granulated sugar and light brown sugar, along with two sticks of softened butter, create a rich and creamy base for the cookies. The addition of semi-sweet, dark, and butterscotch chocolate chips provide a variety of sweet and slightly bitter flavors that balance well with the buttery cookie base. The cookies are slightly crisp on the edges and soft and chewy in the middle, making them the perfect texture for a classic chocolate chip cookie.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter, softened
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chocolate chips
- Prepare Dry Ingredients:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream Butter and Sugars:
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the softened salted and unsalted butter, white granulated sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the mixture is creamy and well-blended.
- Add Eggs:
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time into the butter-sugar mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Combine Wet and Dry Mixtures:
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating just until incorporated.
- Add Chocolate Chips:
- Using a spatula, fold in the semi-sweet, dark, and butterscotch chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Portion Dough:
- With a 2-inch dough scoop, portion out the cookie dough, placing 12 scoops per standard baking sheet. Ensure each scoop is spaced a couple of inches apart to allow for spreading during baking.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for approximately 9 minutes or until the edges are golden but the centers are still soft.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven.
- Allow them to rest on the baking sheet for an additional 2 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Measure and stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter, white and brown sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy.
Add each egg, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
Stir in the chocolate chips.