Yogurt Flour Flatbread
Simple and quick dough using self-rising flour and plain Greek yogurt making it a versatile flatbread.
This recipe for yogurt flour flatbread is a simple and delicious way to make homemade flatbread that is fluffy, light, and slightly tangy from the Greek yogurt. The dough comes together quickly and easily with just three ingredients and requires no kneading, making it a convenient option for a quick meal or snack. When cooked on a hot skillet, the flatbread develops a golden-brown crust with air pockets throughout, giving it a delightful chewy texture. It can be served with a variety of toppings or used as a wrap or sandwich bread.
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients together to form a sticky dough. No need to knead.
- Divide into 4 equal sized balls.
- On a well floured surface, roll each dough ball out into a thin 10 inch circle.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. No need to oil or butter the skillet.
- Add one dough circle to the skillet and cook about 1 minute until the bubbles begin to appear and the bottom browns.
- Flip and cook another minute.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
Add the flour, salt, and yogurt in a large mixing bowl.
Mix all ingredients together to form a sticky dough. No need to knead.
Form into 4 balls of dough on a well floured surface.
Roll the dough balls in the flour to coat until no longer sticky.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
Use a large bowl upside down to cut the dough into a circle.
Plate the prepared dough and preheat a large skillet for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Add one dough circle to the skillet and cook about 1 minute until the bubbles begin to appear and the bottom browns.
Flip and cook about another minute until browned.