Spicy Sriracha BLT Sandwich
Bacon, lettuce, onion, tomato sandwiches on toasted sourdough with sriracha mayo spread.
This sandwich combines crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, flavorful red onions, and refreshing green leaf lettuce, all nestled between two slices of sourdough or rustic Italian bread that have been toasted with butter and slathered with a spicy sriracha mayo.
- 4 slices sourdough or rustic Italian bread
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices tomato
- 8 slices red onion
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Prep Ingredients:
- Wash and prepare lettuce leaves, thinly slice tomatoes and red onions.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sriracha sauce, mixing until smooth to create sriracha mayo.
- Cook Bacon:
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon slices until crispy, turning as needed. Once done, set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease.
- Prepare Bread:
- Generously butter both sides of each bread slice.
- Toast the buttered bread using a panini press or toaster until golden and crispy.
- Assemble Sandwiches:
- Spread a generous amount of sriracha mayo on one side of each toasted bread slice.
- On the first piece of bread, layer the following:
- 2 slices red onion
- 2 slices crispy bacon
- 4 slices tomato
- 2 slices crispy bacon (again)
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- Top with a second piece of toasted bread with the sriracha mayo side facing down.
- Repeat for the second sandwich.
- Serve immediately while the toast is still warm and enjoy!
- Adjust the amount of sriracha in the mayo to control the spiciness of the sauce.
- Feel free to add or substitute ingredients to suit your taste preferences, such as using a different type of lettuce or adding cheese.
Prepare the lettuce, onion, tomatoes, and stir together the mayo and sriracha sauce.
Cook the bacon slices.
Butter all sides of the bread and use a panini press or toaster to toast the bread.
Spread the sriracha mayo on the toasted bread.
Layer the onions.
Layer 2 slices of bacon.
Layer 4 slices of tomato.
Layer 2 more slices of bacon.