Spinach Tuna Wraps
Canned albacore tuna and spinach with red onion, jalapeno, mayo, sour cream, and shredded mozzarella in a spinach herb tortilla wrap.
This recipe for spinach tuna wraps is savory, slightly spicy, and creamy. The albacore tuna provides a mild fish flavor that pairs well with the red onion, jalapeno, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper for a slightly spicy and tangy taste. The addition of mayonnaise and sour cream creates a creamy texture that’s balanced out by the freshness of the packed baby spinach leaves. The shredded mozzarella cheese adds a subtle saltiness and a hint of gooeyness to the wraps. Overall, the combination of ingredients creates a delicious and satisfying dish that’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
- (2) 12” garden spinach herb wraps
- 2 cans albacore tuna, drained
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 medium jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare Ingredients:
- Dice the red onion and jalapeño.
- Prepare Tuna Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the drained tuna, diced red onion, diced jalapeño, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, mayonnaise, sour cream, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Add Spinach:
- Gently fold in the packed baby spinach leaves until they are distributed throughout the tuna mixture.
- Assemble Wraps:
- Lay out the garden spinach herb wraps.
- Evenly distribute the tuna-spinach mixture onto one-third of each wrap’s surface, leaving room at the edges to avoid spillage when wrapping.
- Wrap and Serve:
- Tightly roll each wrap, enclosing the filling.
- For easier consumption, cut each wrap in half before serving.
Dice the onion and jalapeno and add all ingredients, except the spinach, to a large mixing bowl.
Stir together until well combined.
Add the spinach and toss in the mix.